Sunday, October 26, 2014

Nanowrimo - It's Coming


Nanowrimo is coming.

It saps your strength. It takes away your social life. It steals time from your family and your work. It leaves messes in the kitchen and throughout your house. You will live on potato chips, chocolate and coffee. You will give up showering, combing your hair and brushing your teeth. You will not know what happened in the latest episode of your favorite show. You will however rack up points on your favorite online game. You won't know what's on the news, how your kids are doing in school or if your spouse is having an affair.

Nanowrimo is coming and it will be here for an entire month.

It is coming for you, the writer. The dreamer of dreams. The builder of worlds. The creator of creations.

It is in your best interest to be aware of the beast that it is.

Nanowrimo is coming.

Are you ready?


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm gearing up for my second annual NaNoWriMo. This year, I won't be working a full-time job for someone else, but I suspect it will be a little harder than it was last year because I'm not on a set schedule. However, I'm preparing for it by filling my refrigerator and freezer with pre-packaged meals so my eating habits won't go to hell while I'm madly trying to get those 50,000 words out. I'm also changing my approach a bit this year from the dive in with both feet and a vague sort of plan to actually plotting out my novel, albeit loosely. We'll see how this experiment turns out. Best of luck to you, and if you need a cheering section when your energy flags, let me know.